Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Indian Vacation

First I apologize to my readers for not updating my blog for a long time as I was on a vacation visiting back home.
Well vacations went as planned and one word which may be less to describe but it was awesome. Nothing much changed in 16 months that I have been away from home just the facts there few more roads which faced the neglect of civic authorities. There were same huge traffic jams every time it rains heavily. But the spoiler was the recent terror strikes in my hometown of New Delhi.

It was bad shock and just 3 days before I had to leave, I have to accept the fact that it affected my morale as my whole family lives in Delhi but luckily everyone was safe in my family but many families lost many. There are 25 confirmed dead by government which is as usual a figure quoted less to keep people's morale better. I was watching news when suddenly flashes came and then one after another they went on people in pools of blood. I still remember those horrible scenes of blast which they showed live on news.

I went shopping on Monday when markets opened again after terror strikes and traveled through places in heart of Delhi where the 2 blasts took place. I could feel the uneasiness and many unanswered questions on faces of people. Everyone asks why ? Who is Responsible ? whether its government agencies which were caught sleeping or terrorists have become so strong that they wreck havoc anywhere they want to and why these innocent people who went for nice evening out on Saturday ?

Even now while writing this article I get memories of those horrible scenes of innocent victims. This all leaves behind a question Why the blood of innocents ? What these terrorists want ? Who are they ?

I hope we will get some answers in coming time. finally I request everyone to pray to god to rest those souls in peace and give courage to the families which suffered.

Vikram Malik

No comments: