Sunday, December 7, 2008

102 minutes which defeated the whole world.............

I wanted to write this article for a long time but then sudden events which happened in India changed so many things for the way I use to think and the way I use to perceive few things.

102 minutes on September 11 2001 changed so many things in world around us but have we ever thought How much it is still making us suffer. After 9/11 attacks we suddenly found that terrorists have gone so bold that they did attacked the mightiest and make it look like minutest. After the attacks world declared a war on terror around the world, we send our armies behind Taliban/Al-Qaida in Afghanistan destroying whatever has been left there after years of conflict. Few more years down the line we attacked Iraq and made it from a developing country to most dangerous place on this earth to live (I won't further say on Iraq as there were many factors which lead to it) .Now we have worldwide financial crisis and a spurt in terror activities. Last month I was working on a technical paper when suddenly I saw some news of financial crisis and also terror attacks somewhere in world. To my utter sup rise I saw a defeat, a lost war against terrorism.

Lemme explain, what these terrorists wanted when they attacked on World Trade Center, they wanted mayhem, crisis all around the world, mistrust and that's what they got. Its like we played to them, we did what they wanted us to ( sometimes I do ask myself that are they really they or is it our self, were they were really they who attacked or it was our self who attacked our self). We attacked Afghanistan and then Iraq we spend more than Billions of dollar on war and now we find our self at credit crunch with no money to even bailout our own economy, no money to even feed our own hungry mouths. Its like we lost the war and we still continuing to fight it, ho pin we will turn in into a victory but we have lost, we may save some face for our self but we lost it.

They only fought for 102 minutes and we are still fighting but they won, they developed so much mistrust that we see every one as suspect. But I would say there is still one hope, its very dim but its still there and its called HUMANITY, we have to rise above religion, color, cast and serve humanity because that is what only will bring the trust back and once we start trusting each other we will rise above defeat this evil of terrorism. I will continue this topic in my next article but as my last line for this article I will say again serve anyone, help anyone because ANYONE is EVERYONE......................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vikram,

Enjoyed the blog posting very much!You wrote regarding the attacks on the WTC that "sometimes I do ask myself that are they really they or is it our self, were they were really they who attacked or it was our self who attacked our self." And, I think that is a very good place to begin. The 9/11 terrorists didn't see that they were attacking themselves. Although it's very philosophical, when you can take a step back and not put so much emotion into the events, which can be very hard to do, you can come out learning so much more and be in a position to help others much more. Just being a positive person is what counter-acts terror. You can never win a war on anything! A war on drugs, terror, fat, whatever you're fighting... it never works. Making peace with these things is the only thing that soothes and heals and "fixes". EK

crackhead said...

I like this article. Very thought provoking.