Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Pain of being Helpless

It was again the same feeling which pierced through me and I was left again in pain. The pain of being helpless. The pain of unable to understand Why ? Why these innocent people ? Again time after time some few people decide that they want play havoc with lives of people.

Today I was preparing for my Thanks Giving holidays and then suddenly some flashes of news coming and then it just went on and on, it was like a nightmare unfolding and it just went to worst limits I could have ever imagined. I felt helpless when all this was happening, I love my country and is passionate about it. But when these things happen I feel like what can I do ? My homeland, My country is under attack and I am sitting here helpless just hoping and praying that things may get solved. I don't know what to do at this moment. I tried to sleep but again and again same thought comes to my mind , telling me how helpless I am, telling me how human life has lost its value. At this moment I would like to quote a poem again from one of my favorite books May I by Bhupati Das

What did Adam Do

there is a reason for death
there is a reason for life

but what I don't see any where everyday is is same
as the other day where existence just means survival
fighting against dearth of everything

oh god
What did Adam do to deserve such a painful deal........


I would like to beg, plead the people in power to step ahead and cut the roots of terrorism and do away this curse. I know saying must be very easy when I say to do away with this curse but its a high time we pick up the pieces of these puzzles and work towards solving this problem.

God Bless India and those people who have suffered the similar pain of being helpless.

1 comment:

crackhead said...

I agree.... all that we can hope for in such times is for people like us, the average Indian and others like us to Hope...Hope that action is taken against those who deserve it ... spare those who've been baring the brunt of the hatred of those in power; stemming from listlessness and inability to book the real culprits. Hope that they get the will to take this action and not just warn, condemn and talk.