Monday, December 22, 2008

The advanced Indian conservative society.....

There were sudden happenings in my life which lead me to write this article today. It made me to look back at what we call the advanced, rapidly changing, non-conservationist Indian society. It made me realise again that even in so called radical mind-set big cities we still have same old conservationist mindset. I don't know how to describe my disappointment in my words today. I always took refuge behind my words when ever I felt angry but today it has crossed those limits, broke through all those dams of patience which kept so me this far from writing this. It took me time to gather so much courage or I shall say I waited for it to cross all limits of my patience. 

 

It all started as soon as I started to understand the dynamics of Indian society where you have to take so much care of what others will think about my action and I always asked my elders Why? Why we have take care of what others think? Because I always felt my action is unique to me, its the way I wanted to do a thing why should I worry of others think but I was always made to believe no its not the way our society functions but I ask again who is this society, who are these people? and when I think about it I find its us only and we fear our self only or our own lack of confidence about our actions. I still remember the day I tried to put my way of understanding of our actions, I was told that I am a moron and rather should keep my views to myself and not say them in a social gathering, else I will develop a bad reputation and it was the same day I decided that I will leave this society the day I get chance but where will I go. Its the same people all over the world, same people who fear there own actions and try to hide there reason of inaction behind the society veil. Today when I look, I try to find more people like me who think dare to think differently, who dare to go cross over those society made stupid walls in a hope to build a truly free society where I don't have to care of what other will think of my actions.

I know I went a bit offtrack, a bit to early into the macro picture actually I was trying to think of more words to explain the incident which lead me to this. Let me ask a question, but before that I would request not give an answer just in a sec, I would request you to read my question and try to reason it. Alright I just want to ask how much authority our parents have on our life and its decisions? I agree they have given us everything and they deserve the respect and authority on our decisions to an extent but do they have right to make all the decisions for us? Shouldn't they ask us before taking decisions about our life and its future? Rather from more conservationist point of view, can't they at least discuss and give time to decide on a decision they think which will best for us?


I don't know when I ask so many questions, What I try to achieve by doing so? May be I am being selfish by asking these questions and make you answer what I want to hear? But really do I? I will leave this time with a lot of unanswered questions and hope..............

No comments: