Monday, January 19, 2009

Prayer...........

I wanted to write this article for quite some time now but just words didn't came, thoughts never got together but today I was talking to one of my friend about the sudden uncertain period which has come. I was told to pray to god to ask for what I want and he/she( I still don't know) will oblige me if I pray with my heart. But I have a small problem, I stopped praying long back and actually I don't remember it anymore. But does that mean I have become an atheist? Actually no, I found a better way to pray, instead of saying some words and asking things for myself I prefer to help anyone who needs help when I need to pray and just ask for him/her to be helped out of trouble from where I left. I find this praying method so much more satisfying and better as it takes me above all religion, all bias rather in few words it takes me above all those boundaries which stop us from helping humanity.

I know it brings me back to same old issue of religion about which I have written in past but I promise I won't touch the same issue again. I just wanted to say that instead of saying those Holy words and then asking for our self and for others don't help actually, what does is actually going ahead and helping people. I will like to mention one point here, when we pray we get biased about our religion, about people we know and ask for them only but on the other hand if you go to a hospital there are so many people who need help there white, black, Muslim, christian, actually its just other people who need help and rather its anyone. I will ask a question, how many of us have seen an animal in need of help and stopped to help that animal ? I will say I have done that and you know what, it gives more satisfaction as humans we can ask, we can tell our problem but that poor animal can't do that.

Coming back to my point, I just want to rather ask a question here rather, What is praying, why are we praying ? I would say rather than just praying we should just look around and help anyone who needs help as it is the best way to thank god for everything and rather than asking, we should learn giving. So, just help help anyone as Anyone is Everyone.......

1 comment:

Erin said...

Liked this post... very nice, Vikram!