Thursday, January 29, 2009

A year of many firsts.................

Its January end but I am still analyzing the happenings of 2008. It was year which taught me lot about life but there were many happenings around which were many firsts. Starting with Macro things, you many not believe this 2008 was first year when they were no communal riots in India, it has happened after decades but on the other hand India witnessed one its most deadliest terrorist attack in Mumbai which left not only India but the whole world in depression about the vulnerability of innocents. Then it was the year when Obama won the presidential elections in USA which gave hope to so many around that there will be a change. So much happened around the world and then I looked at my own small world and found so much has changed, so much left behind and so much achieved.

2008 started on good vacation mood for me in downtown Cincinnati but as it progressed I found myself under the weight of my own dreams( still scrutinizing), my own wish to test my limits and really I took myself to the point where everything broke, then I had again a first of my life, I was admitted in hospital, first time when I was not able to control myself, first time when I was not able talk(really big thing for me) but then that also passed. By this time it was already summer and eventually half of rocking year was gone, then there was another first I studied seriously for the first time in my Master's, now this seriousness continued for later part of year(even though I had only 1 course), then towards summer end it was for the first time I had some one giving me referral. i realized that there was too many firsts by this time and seriously started to wonder about my abilities(flying in air is a good experience until you don't fall on your face) but that's when some one very close to me took control and made sure that I am flying but not without a control wire and I think that some people need special mention here who not only took care of me but scolded me like small child who goes away running as soon as he learns to walk because she knew I will fall soon, so she made sure I don't get hurt. Then weeks went by, months went by and finally came December 23 when I finished my Master's degree and finally I graduated. Now comes a big first again, my first job, sometimes even thought of it pushed me to go and try to get to a PhD admit but again same people of my life helped made me realize some facts of life which I had ignored. It came as a big eye opener to me and I start realizing that how simple life is and how complex I have made it for me. It was nice realization for me and took me some days to set it right.

Well this one goes quite deep but then the feeling of myself has brought me to this point to write it and bold enough to write on my blog. This may seem to quite unrelated as I deviated from year of firsts to an essay about my last 12 months. I may take some time off from writing after this but will be back as soon as I can overcome my ongoing drought of words........

1 comment:

Ankita Agarwal said...

Hey good for you.. Give sometime to youself think seriously about your life.. Now its high time to shape ur life as u want..Above all tac care of ur health.. Al the best for your job and life..:)