Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hope and Pessimisism

We always say pessimism is bad but there is a positive side to it. I am not saying that pessimism is good thing but it is also not a very bad thing rather I will its say only bad. Being a pessimist you always think of worst but if you still have hope left then, you will continue to struggle and move forward but you will be very slow because being a pessimist you always think of worst and prepare for that. so a question comes up, Is it bad to prepare for the worst case scenarios ?

I will say yes and no both. Yes because you have prepared for those so you will have option which you kept for yourself but on the other hand it makes you think to much and you often tend to give too much attention to things which may not deserve.

But an important thing which makes pessimism only bad not very bad is hope. Recently I read few lines of a poet about hope which I would like to quote here from a poem by Bhupati Das:
"I wait for
the tomorrow
that would bring hope and laughter to me

when that tomorrow
turns today
the illusions called hope runs away

I would run after it
stumbling but not falling
someday I would run faster and catch it
the hope "

Here poet is being pessimistic but he is still hopeful, hopeful for a better tomorrow, if tomorrow doesn't comes then with a hope he will successfully achieve his dreams and this hope is what fuels the will to survive and will to thrive.

I hope tomorrow will come with better surprises for me, I hope I will take them on better than how I did today, I hope..............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, a piece of (i hope constructive) criticism..
if you are going to include quotes or passages from other sources, especially from copyrighted material, you should attribute it to the author..
other than that, its all good..